5 Ideas for Bridal Party Loungewear
From the moment you say “yes” to your partner’s marriage proposal, there are so many things you need to consider. Bridal parties are just one important component. In the past, you asked your family member or best friend to be your maid of honor or bridesmaid, and she gladly accepted.
Nowadays, some brides are expected to pay for gowns for the bridal party and sometimes even travel expenses. It’s now common to provide your bridal party with gifts or loungewear for the day of the wedding. This is especially true if the wedding is later in the day, because who wants to parade around in a dress all day (and all night, if the reception is following the ceremony)?
Should you get something customized for each member of the bridal (or groom) party or pick up a nice, affordable option online? This doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are some ideas for bridal party loungewear to make your wedding a success.
- Fitted tank tops. This is a great idea for a summer wedding, and perfect for Bald Head Island beach weddings. Have your bridal party wear tank tops in your wedding colors. Make them super cute by adding a bow to the back. In the front, you can customize them however you please. You can add each party’s name or initials or include the wedding date as a memento. Check out these adorable bow tanks on Etsy or these monogrammed tanks in a variety of colors and patterns for some ideas!
- Flannel shirts. Tank tops won’t work if you’re having a fall or winter wedding, so look into something more weather appropriate. Flannel shirts are a great way to stay cozy during a fall or winter wedding. You can reuse your flannel shirt anytime in those chilly winter months. You can buy shirts based on your wedding colors and customize them for each member for your bridal party. Plus, because these shirts button down, bridal parties can wear them while getting ready – and they won’t ruin their hair or makeup! These embroidered flannels look super cozy, as do these made-to-order oversized flannels.
- Robes. These are ideal for the morning of the wedding day since they’re oh so comfy! Your bridal party will love lounging around a Bald Head Island beach house in knee-length kimono-style robes as they await your walk down the aisle. You can include an eye mask and tote for the perfect bridal party gift. Check out the Divine Bridal Shop on Etsy for some gorgeous and reasonably priced robes. You can get robes in various patterns and colors and mix and match robes and sashes so that every member of the bridal party sports a unique look. After the big day, you can pair these robes with lounge pants or shorts for extra coverage and warmth.
- Monogrammed shirts. These shirts are becoming popular among brides and their bridal parties. It’s fun to get ready in these oversized dress shirts, which sport each woman’s initials on the pocket. After the big day, these shirts are great for sleepwear, cover-ups at the beach, or simply paired with leggings for a casual look. Heritage Wedding has a few different options for these oversized men’s shirts, made feminine with color and embroidery.
- Comfortable loungewear. For the ultimate in bridal party loungewear, look for companies that use only the finest materials and a variety of trendy designs in their pajamas, robes, and other loungewear. There are many options designed especially for bridal parties. Their items are great during the summer since the clothing is designed to keep you cool during the day and cozy at night. Check out Plum Pretty Sugar for some great ideas – they even have bridal party packages!
Weddings require so many details – but don’t overlook this one. By giving your bridal party loungewear, they’ll get the gift of clothing they can wear virtually any time of the year. They will always be reminded of the day that they participated in making the best day of your life much more special.
A big thanks to Ron Burg over at The American Wedding for this wonderful guest post, full of creative ideas! Check out The American Wedding for all your invitation needs! They also carry stationary, thank you cards, wedding favors, and more.
Pin it for later! –>
Trackback from your site.